This cake was made for my dear friend Jennifer's son's 1st birthday. (Same friend with the twins). This cake definitely marks a point where I have realized how to plan for a cake. The baking, making the icing, and decorating all planned out. I still manage to screw up the cake board every time its a shaped pan. I do it backwards every single time. But other than that, I have it down pretty good. She picked the design, I said I could do it (not really sure I could), and it actually went fine. Much easier than I thought it would be.

This cake was for Jennifer's grandparent's anniversary. She didn't really ask for anything specific. Just a cake with light and dark blues. I came up with something simple that would have a bow on the top. The bow quite nearly became a disaster in assembling because my fondant ball was too hard. I didn't panic and just kept going and it came out fine I think. I will admit it looks better in the picture than I think it actually did in person. I had to cover up a boo-boo in the back. That whole icing color change thing again...

This was my redemption from the last baby shower cake I attempted. The picture was taken before the cute little baby accessories were added to it. So cute! I was really proud. It came out so much better than I expected. Well, it came out pretty darn near perfect. I'd like to perfect my writing now. I had everything well planned out again and did not stress out. I was never up too late and I was even able to watch 24 the night before the shower. So much better than how I started!
0 Yorum var:
Sen de yaz